As a whole, I have noticed a few things that many of us are not doing in our second task for the writing portfolio. Below is a list of these things. Please read it carefully and look to make changes accordingly.
- Make sure your statement around hope and/or freedom is clear and consistently revisited throughout your essay. You are trying to PROVE your statement so the analysis of each scene should be formed around this.
- Ensure you have made direct links to the directors’ purpose. This means that when analyzing a technique used, you need to explore HOW and WHY the director chose to do that specific thing in that specific way.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Avoid circular arguments. You do not need to give me a really in depth lesson on what film techniques are or the fact that the “director uses them for a specific purpose”. I am much more interested in knowing how the techniques have been used in this scene and WHY they are used.
- Ensure you have made clear references to how the way the technique it is used has an impact on the audience’s perception of the scene and the ideas presented.